Saturday, April 30, 2005

Joined a band!

I am now the bass player for a really good band. Hard to say what they sound like. Moments of Interpol sounding stuff, other moments sound like something off "The Bends" by Radiohead. Good shit though. They haven't decided on a name yet. I came upon this opportunity looking through the classifieds in the Chicago Reader. (looking for a job, which I haven't found yet) The singer/songwriter/rhythm guitarist of the band is from Norway, and it turns out he lives across the street from me. (weird) And one of his favorite songwriters is Steve Malkmus. (also weird) Then there's the other guitarist, Yotam. He's from Israel, and he can rock a guitar like Eddie Van Halen. He could be trouble. Then the drummer, who's a spaz, kinda like good ol' Paul back in New Orleans, but a great drummer. And me! They've been practicing for three months, they've got 10 or 12 original songs, and the next step is to play gigs. That will be the shit. I can't wait. I miss that feeling. Its funny, I was just thinking a couple days ago about how fun it would be to play bass for a band. Then I quit my job, and the next day joined this band. Life is funny. Now I just need a job....

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Miley said...

Rock on dog!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Doug Johnston said...

i want to hear the recordings!!!!!
email them to my gmail pleeeease.

maybe i will be able to get you all a show in michigan whe i'm there. or Lima.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|