Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Open your windows

The weather is FINALLY getting pleasant here. The temperature has hovered around the 70 degree mark for the last few days, which has been such a refreshing change in the wake of the longest damn winter I've ever experienced. In effort to soak up every last drop of warm goodness, I have been opening my windows as I go about my business within my little apartment on the second floor. Tonight, I was first graced with the sounds of a basketball thwarting off of the asphalt and a series of winded exclaimations in spanish. There's a basketball goal outside of my bathroom window. Then, just a moment ago, I overheard a sad little exchange. Without removing my gaze from this computer screen, I could perfectly visualize the entire event. It went something like this:

"Hey listen, I'm afraid you're gonna have to move along", a delicate male voice spoke. "Come on, man, I'm fuckin' hungry here," replied another man, as the rummaging sound ceased. "I'm sorry, but we can't have homeless men going through our trash right outside the club. How do you think that looks to our customers?" "Well excuse me for being born!", yelled the poor man as he began to walk away. "And don't come back here again!", screamed the club-owner in an attempt to have the last word. The voice of the other man grew louder as he passed under my window. "Fuck you, you piece of shit!" There was a pause before the poor man turned and yelled, "Hey!... I'm a low-life homeless bum who isn't worth a damn and you're a fucking sodomizing fag... we're BOTH sinners... SEE YOU IN HELL!!!" His footsteps faded into an empty silence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angiolo said...

it's a sin to be a bum?

good story.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|