Sunday, March 20, 2005

the final hours of the weekend tick away

As I wake from a brief catnap to discover that "The Last Starfighter" is on tv. Some weird movie I used to watch when I was little. I've been in bummed-out reclusive mode for the most part this weekend, only leaving my apartment for survival supplies such as shampoo and food. Been in a real reading mood too, finished reading "Confederacy of Dunces" and started Hunter Thompson's "Hell's Angels", which rules so far. I also got this new rolling stone magazine that is entirely about him (Hunter S Thompson), and its really interesting. I always thought he just did a lot of drugs and that's all there was too it, but he was an amazing writer and possibly the most interesting person to ever live. I believe his utilization of drugs was his way of seeking some primal truth. (not a good idea for most people, but it worked for him) So I recommend checking him out. You can access some of the articles on the Rolling Stone site. I'll make a link.




Hunter Thompson in Rolling Stone

On tv, some little boy was spying on a young couple, and when they started making out, the kid's face knarls in disgust and he says "diarrhea." It was weird. Tomorrow I have to suck it up and go back into real public life, back to Ace hardware, which I hoped would be replaced by an Architecture job by now. Oh well, what can I do, I must move on and hope for the best. Cooked and awesome dinner ealier.. steak and bow-tie pasta with pesto. It was the shit.

Thanks for visiting the brain-douche.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Johnston said...

hey duder,
how are you holdin up?
any new developments on the job front? I like your revolving blog template. if you'd like I can show you sometime how to edit those links and add more, change colors, etc...
check out my blogger blog. I finally decided i am going to make it my primary bloggidy, and xanga as the back-up. I changed the colors and design to my liking. tell me what you think.

I have one of your songs embedded on my site and the more i hear it the more i love it. way to go.
thank you
love,
-douglas

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|