Monday, March 07, 2005

SOM or STL?

Hello out there, hope this entry finds you doing wonderfully. I'm doing well. My interview with SOM was the shit, and I'm pretty sure I've got the job, I should be getting confirmation from them this week. It was kindof a scary interview, but I did well I think. There were a couple principals there and they liked my portfolio. They had me fill out an application, which according to Elizabeth Bishop, who works there, is a sure sign that you're hired. But here's the deal. In the meantime, a firm called STL Architects called for an interview, which I just got back from. When I first moved here nearly six months ago, they were one of my lofty, dream-job firms, along with firms like Garofalo Architects. I mean, seriously, check this shit out. Its fucking awesome.

STL Architects


The office is the coolest I've even seen. Its located in a gutted old Chicago brownstone. Sleek-ass contemporary interior. Laid back as hell. A very young, energetic, small office. Its only 20 or 30 people, and they were all talking and telling jokes and shit while they worked. I'd be doing 3D computer renderings, building models.. whatever they happen to need. But they're all small projects, which rules. God, I hope they call me back. If not, its SOM for me which is ok too... but this place... damn.

So there's the news about my job situation. I know I'll be working at one of these two places within the next couple weeks, but which one??? Only time will tell.

...as for SOM, most of you are familiar with their shit, but here's a link anyway.

SOM

I'll keep you readers posted. I love you all and I'll post more soon as hell.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Miley said...

WTG AL!!!!!! And call me, asshole!

7:03 PM  
Blogger MSR said...

wow... WOW!!!

5:01 PM  
Blogger MSR said...

---(jealousy)---

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|