Thursday, February 24, 2005

Neil muther-fucking Diamond: The Real Messiah

Hello folks. Today was a nice day, one full of profound thought and the new birth of many ideas. I just got back to my apartment from after a long day at work, and now I sit and am covered by the omnipotent wisdom of Neil Diamond, which flows like sparkling water from my speakers. (sort-of) Hang on. Gonna get a beer. Ok, got a beer and called my mom. Tried to dodge the issue of finding an architecture job, since that's all we talk about and I don't have one yet. Told her I learned how to make good mashed potatoes. She sounded tired. Anyways, today I worked all day on the ongoing process of setting up a new hardware store. Gordon's Ace is opening a new location, so they sent me over there today. It was kind nice, I just put tags on merchandise all day and listened to my i-pizod on shuffle. I was thinking about music in general and how amazing it is that its just sound. Thats all it is when you get down to it... sound. But humans have developed sound so highly that its broken up in genres. Dude, that's fucked up. And as I was listening to all those hours of music, I visited so many different phases of my life, so many ages. Its is truely amazing the ability that music has to alter your emotions, especially when you think of it as simply being organized sound. I was smiling and lost in an funny memory one second, and developed a lump in my throat and thought I would cry the next. All from hearing these sounds.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Stamp said...

You've taught me so much old friend...like how to embrace my hangover on Saturday morning. If there's only one thing you learned from me in our years in New Orleans, I'm glad it's that Neil Diamond's is the voice of god.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|