Sunday, January 30, 2005

This will be a random slaw of a post

Hello out there in Internet Land. Weird shit going down lately, but for the moment I am happy. The reason I'm happy is because I was supposed to work today, but instead, I didn't even set my alarm and slept til one o'clock. (Office Space Style) Then I woke up, streched, checked my cell phone for any calls. Three from my boss. (at Ace Hardware) So I cleared my throat, called him back, and when he asked what was up, I told him I thought I had the day off. So he went "uh.. I thought I'd scheduled you.." But I insisted, "right, but then you changed your mind and said I had Sunday off." And he says "oh wow, I did? Man, I'm sorry I've been so busy I guess I forgot. Well, ok enjoy your day off then." CLICK So basically, I pulled some kind of jedi mind trick on my boss and now I get a whole fucking day off!!! And I'm planning on Ferris Buellerin' the shit! I'm gonna be singing on a float in a huge parade down Michigan Avenue later this afternoon, so watch for that on TV. In other news my grandma died. I was not an unexpexted death, but I'm still very sad about it just the same, because its the end of a very wonderful person. Even at 89 years old, with pancreatic cancer and Alzeimers, she still was such a cheerful amazing person, with a smile and kind word for everyone. That's fucking amazing. Shit, if I reach that age, I fear I won't be nearly as chipper. I'd be like, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM ASSHOLE!!!!!" But she was a complete angel. So that's been sad. My mom is really having a hard time, so i feel terrible for her. Uh, let's see. One of my good friends from college was murdered and thrown off a bridge in Baltimore a couple weeks ago. I met his twin brother who lives here in Chicago, and he is the best drummer I've ever heard hands down. He's in a band called SPIZM. They have a website with music and videos, so check it out if you'd like. I need to find a fucking job! (other than Ace Hardware) I didn't realize it was going to be this hard. Well, thanks for tuning in and I'll give you readers out there something else real soon. ~Al

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Stamp said...

were you really in a parade?

7:01 AM  
Blogger Doug Johnston said...

congrats on the day off

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|