Friday, January 07, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Hello. My friend Rohit recently came to town for a visit. I miraculously had several days off of work from good ol' Ace Hardward while he was here, so we got to spend some quality broseph time together. We went to an art museum, cruised the city of Chicago, and celebrated new year's together. His sister was also in town, along with this huge indian posse. So I had the priveledge of being the white dude out on the town with the rowdy indians. As I expected, Rohit found my tiny studio apartment to be suprisingly small.. I like the word "cozy" much better. He barely had any room to pace as he chatted on the cell phone.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13833576@N00/3084629/

The Indian Posse and I went to a fancy, open-bar party on new year's eve to count down the final hours of 2004. I had just talked to my older brother Zak and he said I'd better have someone to kiss at midnight. I guess I got drunk and made it a mission to fullfill his request, though the way I went about it was questionable. About ten minutes before the hour struck, I went up to some cute latin-american girl and asked her if she had a new year's kissing partner yet. She said no and that she'd go get me a glass of champange. Found out a couple minutes later that that waas actually her job, seeing as how she was part of the bar staff. Hey, whatever. She intruduced me to her mom who remained beside us until midnight, when we exchanged a kiss. Then she excused herself to buss tables and serve drinks. I had been decent about pacing myself before that moment, but after midnight it was a blur of fancy mixed drinks and breakdance fighting with Rohit. (apparently) Rohit's sister snapped this photo somewhere during the blur.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13833576@N00/3084628/

So that was that. A decent little new year's. Rohit and I had gone to the Chicago Institute of Art earlier in the week, and we saw an awesome exhibit of the game of "exquisite corpse". It was concieved by a group of surrealist artists in the late 1920's. Ideally, four people get together, fold a piece of paper into four parts, and each of the people draws a portion of a figure, unaware of the other parts. Then, when it is finished, you open it and you have a strange person or animal of some sort. Here's the one we got drunk and did.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13833576@N00/3084632/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|