Tuesday, March 01, 2005

moment of truth

Ok, dudes, this is it. My scary interview with SOM is tomorrow morning at 9:30 am. I just found this out at 2 pm today. They sure give you a lot of warning, don't they? So I'm basically trying to stay calm, but wanting to violently puke and shit my pants at the same time. (but I won't I hope) So, I'm about to get out the dusty old walgreens iron I own and drag it across a shirt, pick out a slick-looking tie, toiletpaper-shine my sixty dollar shoes and get ready for a executive dick-sucking session. God, this shit is scary. All of the sudden I have all these fears about the wording of my resume, the amount of detail in my portfolio.. etc. Its like a mathtest, I can't really study NOW, its much too late. I just gotta go in there and do my best, pretend I have this shit in the bag. I'm overanalyzing every possible aspect of the situation right now, just like I do with girls. Its no fun. How many other applicants are they interviewing? Will it look bad that I don't have any autocad drawings in my portfolio? What if they ask me some stumper of a question and I choke and they talk later about it? FUCK!!! Oh well, when it comes down to it, I just have to do my best to relax and present myself as well as possible without being too much of myself, cause I'm not sure if they're into fart jokes yet. Pray to whatever god you worship for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike Miley said...

Go get 'em, Al ... just don't bring up that whole Cornbeard thing.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Angiolo said...

watch your cornhole, bud.

8:30 AM  
Blogger MSR said...

Al!!!!!
what is going on?
I only set up this account so that I could tell you that I am proud of you... I love your songs and just even getting that interview impresses me a great deal. You are incredibly talented, and I wish that you would recognize that everyone expects a lot out of you because they know this, not because you are doing anything wrong! You rock like a badass rocking horse and as long as you didn't make any S and M jokes about the name of the firm, then they would be idiots not to hire you. by the way the use of the term "retarded" on this site offends me.

yours dearly,

mary

8:11 PM  
Blogger Angiolo said...

How are you gonna leave us hanging like that? After we've followed your trials, hopes and unbelievable insecurities of your brain like a tiny telenovela...it just ain't right, man.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|