Friday, March 11, 2005

Rent "My Architect" if you haven't...

Just finished watching a documentary called "My Architect" about Louis Kahn. It was made by his son. It was pretty amazing. Not what I thought it was gonna be like at all. Very interesting and touching at times. Also might be some good information in there about how NOT to live. Note to self: don't impregnate so many women that you lose track of your children. Not cool. It bothers me that historically, influential architects have almost always been awful to thier families. If that's the price of being known, then I'd rather be a nobody.

That reminds me of part of a Brian Wilson song. In "That's Not Me" from Pet Sounds, he sings:

"I could try to be big in the eyes of the world
What matters to me is what I could be to just one girl"

1 Comments:

Blogger saraj said...

Hey Al, it's Sara in N'awlins. Nick and Mara and I saw My Architect when it was playing down here...it totally reinvigorated my love for Louis Kahn's work.

Not Louis Kahn himself, though. Christ. Also, it would appear from his interview in the movie that Phillip Johnson actually died three years ago and was only kept "alive" by some sort of Weekend at Bernie's-type setup. That man was OLD.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|