Thursday, April 21, 2005

silent spring afternoon

Just took a leisurely stroll through my neighborhood. Its a sunny, crisp spring day. Flowers are cautiously blooming in the thaw. I'm now drinking a gargantuan iced coffee while I sift through websites of chicago architecture firms. I fucked up and missed a show I really should've gone to last night and I'm slightly angry at myself for that. I recieved a cruel little message from God earlier today when I walked into Borders and the first cd I layed eyes on was none other that M Ward's new album, whose show I missed last night. I listened to it and it was amazing. FUCK! Oh well, lesson learned. Hopefully the immediate future will yeild few missed opportunites. Earlier, when I was walking, my phone rang. I reacted with the false hope that it was STL, my dream architecture firm. Surely I would raise the phone to my ear to hear the words, "Hi Al, this is Derek Ottens with STL. We'd like you to come in as soon as possible." I picked up to hear a message reminding me to return Sideways to Blockbuster as soon as possible, unless I wished to purchase it. My imagination is cruel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angiolo said...

prolific lately.

good job.

keep it coming.

in my face.

dg

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|