Sunday, August 13, 2006

Put another dime in the jukebox, baby.

Hello. I've spent the last few hours rounding up and choosing concert photos to show you from the Ween/Flaming Lips show at Red Rocks, and the 500 bands I saw at Lollapalooza. It is not a quick task, and I am not quite ready to post it all with commentary yet. I plan to do that though. Right now, I sit at the dining room table in the apartment, a soothing breeze from the ceiling fan beckoning me toward my bed. Had a nice weekend. Flushed the drowsy repetition of the work week completely out of my system.

Lately on weekends I practice a kind of anti-schedule. I make sure I have nothing specific to do, and that no numerical times of arrival or departure are discussed at any time. Its my personal "fuck you" to the structure of the work week, and it seems to create a pleasant balance. I know I will not be able to keep that system forever, but it kicks complete ass for now. So I just kinda floated around this weekend. Rented a movie and had a refreshingly boring friday night. Got some sushi with good ol' Patrick on saturday.

A particularly exciting weekend moment came when I drove over to the Old Town School of Folk Music here in Chicago, to browse their annual "garage sale". This is a big event, attended by hundreds of music enthusiasts in search of a bargain on the school's unneeded instruments and other musical items. In short, I bought a cello. Got a ridiculously good deal on it, so I figured what the hell. I've been playing it non-stop. Its awesome. I know that I will plateau fast if I continue trying to teach myself, though, so I am going to seek out lessons.


Just saw "Little Miss Sunshine" with Kristine from work. It was really funny and sweet (like touching sweet) Go see it.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|