Monday, July 17, 2006

Sweltering bike ride along the lake


I was so fucking pissed off today in general. Work was fine, I got done everything I needed to with a fair amount of success. That was good. But the second I walked out of work I was slammed with a thick, heavy, invisible volcanic pudding. It was the hottest, most humid day I've ever felt in Chicago. My ever-pranking body pulled off yet another mushroom cloud chest-sweat pattern, making for a charming train ride home. Oh, and I got on the ONE TRAIN CAR with a broken air conditioner. So my shirt pretty much turned from white with stripes, to a revealing, translucent beige. I went from a decent mood at work, to a dangerous artillery shell of rage and bitterness.

So I decided to not let it get the the best of me. As tempting as it was to drape my physique over one of our marshmellow couches, I fought temptation and took the muther-fuckin' high road. I mounted my wheeled steed and set off on a sweat-drenched adventure along the lake. In doing so, I conquered the weather and put a lance in the taint of the negative vibes.

Now I feel nice and calm again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|