Thursday, July 21, 2005

Don't buy a Walmart bike.

Ok dudes, I'm back. Sorry for the wait. This past weekend was the shit. I got a visit from Jenny, an OLD friend of mine (we're talking preschool) and her AWESOME husband, Jeremy. They came bearing an extra ticket for Intonation Fest, a two-day outdoor music festival put on by Pitchfork Media. (an online music magazine, check out the site.. good stuff) A shit-ton of bands played, (of which I admittedly only knew a few). The acts included: Tortois, Broken Social Scene, The Go! Team, Death from Above 1979, Deerhoof (who are insane), the Decemberists... the list continues... Actually the best part was hanging out drinking and relaxing with some good friends, the music at times was just a backdrop. There was a lot of bike riding going on too. I actually went and bought a 50 dollar bike from Walmart, which broke the next day. I rolled up to Union Park, where Intonation took place, and strolled around a bit until Jenny & Jeremy got there.

Moving along, we had a good time at the show. As the evening set in, we realized our shadows were red and blue 3D.

Stacy got a little crazy.

After the second night (i think), Jeremy, Jenny and walked a significant distance in conquest of a tolerable bar. We never quite found it, but we got close. We actually miraculously got a table and were able to sit. Several whiskeys and beers later, we warmed up to the place and decided it was a pirate bar.



Wait. Shit. I got the chronology all wrong. I think that was the first night... oh well. We had an AWESOME time. Jenny and Jeremy rule to the fullest degree. I decided that they needed some of my music, so I set about preparing a couple CDs for them to depart with. I made two. The first was a CD I had made a couple years ago during a summer at home, after returning from my semester abroad in Florence. I bought some hot pink posterboard, then I looked through this book I have with images of the devil and drew a picture for the cover art.

I also made one of 29 select songs I've made with my synthesizer.

Jenny & Jeremy parted, but I got on a bit of a kick with the whole making of CDs to send people who had requested them (feel free to do so, if you have the urge). I continued by making two additional versions of the CD I first mentioned.


I then went on a mission ( a three hour mission, fraught with set-backs) to return the piece of shit bike I bought from Walmart. (let that be a lesson to you...) It was a hellish journey through thick, slow-moving traffic.

Later I did laundry.

But low and behold, good fortune smiled upon me afterall in the world of bikes. I've been doing a lot of work for good ol' Lance, the architect that hired me to do some drawing from home. I met up with him and told him of my cycle-oriented misadventures. He then informed me that he had an old Trek mountain bike for me! Hell yeah. So I aired her up, toweled her down, and I've been cruising all around Chicago. Here she is. I call her Prince, due to the purpleness.

Tomorrow, my little broseph visits! We're going to a White Sox/Red Sox game, and then navigating Lollapalooza this weekend! Should be awesome.

Thanks for reading. Stay classy, brain-douche readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|