Saturday, June 11, 2005

Going to see my musical idol tonight!!!!!!!!





Steve Malkmus. Mr. Pavement himself. Seen him before a couple years ago, and reduced myself to pure awe-struck immaturity. I kept yelling that I loved him between songs. "I love you steve!!!! Steve! I love you!" And I guess sometimes the squeaky wheel really does get the grease, cause between songs he asked who kept yelling that. My friends who were there with me all pointed to me and yelled "Al! .. It's Al!" And Steve said, "Who is this Al, bring him forward". And people respectfully parted the crowd to allow me to proceed to the very front, where SM, insisting on confirming that I was in fact real, reached out and clutched my hand momentarily. "This one's for Al," he spoke into the mic before he began playing again. I seriously almost fainted like those chicks in the old beatles shows. It was amazing.

Click below for an awesome Steve Malkmus song from "Face the Truth"

Post-Paint Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|