Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Race for the Prize

Hi. I have many things to relay to you readers that have started to pile up here. I'll do my best. Where to start. Oh, this is cool. A little over a week ago when I was in Tulsa, I went with my little brother to see a documentary about the Flaming Lips called "Fearless Freaks". It was amazing. Seriously one of the most interesting documentaries I've ever seen. With any luck, they'll be selling it soon, or playing it at more theaters. Anyways, one of the band members, Steve Drozo, was there! He's the shit too. Sure, I know what you're thinking... he's no Wayne Coyne. This is true. However, he is the real musical talent in the band. Wayne Coyne writes the lyrics and sings of course, but guess who writes all the music and plays piano, synthesizer, guitar, and drums on their recordings.... STEVE FUCKING DROZO. Long story short, I got to meet him. Here is the photo that came from this cosmic encounter.



If you've never seen him in the context of his fellow bandmates, here you go.



So that was awesome. In other news, I've been working my balls off on drawings and sketchup models, but everything is still in transition, so I don't have any finalized images for you yet. But I'll post that shit soon. I've really been focused on it, getting a little obsessed, which is cool. Finally I don't feel useless anymore. I've been playing with the band, although the singer (Helga) is about to go back to Norway for a month, so our progress will be put on hold. But dude, when Helga gets back, Chicago better watch its cornhole. Oh yeah, and the weird music playing (or linking at the bottom of the entry) is a part of the "score" for my buddy Zach's new short film. Its about two jehovah's witnesses that go door to door and end up at a crazy pregnant woman's house who thinks she's carrying the son of god. When they express disbelief, she keeps them prisoner and poisons one of them. Weird.

Well, hope this message finds you doing wonderfully. Give me a lil' hello, won't you?

Second Coming

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Miley said...

dude, that guy kind of looks like Benicio del Toro in that pic with you.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Doug Johnston said...

awesome. i like the score.
hello.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|