Monday, June 20, 2005

Dominick's Burnt Down

Yesterday, I decided to go on a walk. I stopped into a used bookstore, ended up buying a book on the Great Pyramid of Giza, and a book called "Feats and Wisdom of the Ancients".

My friend Christie just informed me that those are some serious "stoner choices". I don't neccessarily think so. Next I tried out Jamba Juice, cause something healthy sounded good. Got something called a "Mango Mantra", and it wasn't bad.

Anyways, then I walked to Guitar Center to daydream about this bass I want. When I stepped out of Guitar Center, the sky was literally black and it smelled like burning. I soon found that my next objective of grocery shopping would prove impossible, since the store I was headed to was burning down.







So that's that. Not sure where or how I'm gonna grocery shop anymore. The place was just two blocks from my apartment. The whole thing made for a pretty weird day. The fire raged for three hours. There were dozens of fire engines involved, so all I could hear from my apartment were sirens. People stood entranced and watched it burn. A song about it seemed right. (oh, and no one was killed)

Burning Down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|