Monday, February 18, 2008

Profound sense of Longing

Not sure why, but I am stricken with a heavy sense of longing today. For what I'm not sure. It seems to be a lot of things. Just heard a song (by the Silver Jews) that made me want to drink an ice cold beer on a fall day, strumming acoustic guitars with my friends among an autumn spectrum of colorful leaves. Maybe take a road trip, and watch the rolling landscape unfold and alternate between plots speckled with cattle and rotting barns, and small town cemeteries spotted with fading gravestones. Instead, of course, I'm stuck here in this office. But my mind remains free and wandering. Maybe this has been triggered by the recent visit to Chicago I made, which was filled with a certain sense of adventure that I must've not felt in a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|