Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cold as Shit here in Chicago

Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a lazy Sunday in your respective towns. Our internet at home is unpredictable (like Jamie Foxx), so I continue to be sporadic with the posts. For that I apologize. I'm sitting in an internet cafe in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago right now called "bytes & coffee" or something, typing a little update for yall. Its four degrees outside, and when the wind blows, it somehow feels like fire. But I wanted to get out and about anyway.



I went to see a great movie last night called "The Squid & the Whale". If you haven't seen it, find a way to see the shit out of it. A movie of rare quality. If they had thrown a couple of gay dudes in there, it may have escaped from being completely overshadowed by Brokeback Mountain. (just kidding...) I love my new job so far. I just walk in there in a dress shirt and slacks, fill my red mug with coffee, greet everyone I pass, sit down and get to work. It is such a breeze compared to my last job. I mean, its still hard work, and I have to think a lot, but this time I don't have some asshole looking over my shoulder and telling me what I'm doing wrong for 12 hours a day.



At this new place, I get a stack of tasks to do, I go over to my desk, put on my earphones and go to musicland while I work. I am able to focus without interruption, which makes the time go lightning fast. So that's a piece of good news for you. I'm also trying my best to arrange to attend the Belle & Sebastain show coming up, and hopefully the Silver Jews as well. Easily two of my favorite bands, so I'm very excited about that. Uh... Are blogs dumb? Why do I have one, you may ask... Well, I guess its so that I may share what's going on in my life with people that care about me. I have looked at a couple other blogs lately, and they're so negative. Its all bitching and moaning about how much things suck. I hope to God mine never comes off like that. I'm really a pretty happy guy, and I see a hundred different amazing and beautiful things about everyday life around me every day. That's why I have a blog. I feel like its a waste to keep all that to myself.

Afterward:
(if you are a cute girl, and you like what you have just read, please leave a comment including your number.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|