Monday, February 05, 2007

Cold as Ice.





Hello. Been some interesting things happening lately. First of all, the temperature. Last saturday night I was at a party and it got down to 12 below zero, with a wind chill of -30 something. People were going outside to smoke and when they came inside, thier beers were frozen solid. Last weekend I went to a David Lynch screening (Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks.. etc) with Zach. David Lynch was there to introduce his new movie, which was weird as hell of course. The introduction was better than the movie. He walked out into the spotlight (as you see above) and greeted the audience. He then said "First, a brief improvisation on the organ." And this guy to the left of the stage starting playing this ominous pattern of chords on an old church organ. THAT, not the movie, was the coolest part. I tried ice skating with some friends at millenium park. It was not as easy as I thought, though I remained tenacious. My left knee cap still feels like someone swung a mallet at it full-force. Now I'm sitting and typing during the final fleeting moments of my precious lunch break as a thick snow falls outside.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|