Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Artwork of my Parents

I recently learned that my mom is a sculptor. When going through stuff at my late, great grandparents house, I came to the realization that a couple of items I once believed to be expensive sculpture from foreign origins were in fact created by my mom in her youth. I am highly impressed by these pieces, as I was formerly unaware of her artistic abilities. Love you mom. (also, give me one of these someday.)


Pretty awesome.

Now for a taste of my late dad's genius. Though he has been gone for 13 years, we were left with several treasures showcasing my dad's talent and humor. Here is a priceless example.

Yeah.

I got some of my dad's talent and humor, but not much cause he was hogging most of it. Here is an attempt I made to draw his charming mug. I think I actually got relatively close to capturing a little of him.


Hooray for parents and art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|